The Nikon D810 DSLR camera is an upgraded version of Nikon D800E and Nikon D800 with a newly designed 36.3 megapixel FX-Format full-frame image sensor that generates spectacular and high resolution images. The Nikon D810 inherits the best features from its predecessors. The 16 megapixel CMOS sensor is paired with the extreme performance EXPEED 4 image processor. The wide ISO range of 64 – 12800 that is expandable up to 51200 provides noise free images with detailed and sharp view. The camera does not contain optical low-pass filter integrated with the Nikon D800E. The continuous shooting speed of 5 FPS (frames per second) allow the user to shoot stunning and clear view of the subject even moving in the fast speed. To know more about this DSLR camera let us have a glance at its features.
- 36.3 MP FX-format CMOS sensor without an OLPF (Optical Low Pass Filter):The Nikon D810 enhanced the images quality to a next level by its 36.3 megapixel FX-Format CMOS sensor although it follows all the best features from its predecessors but not the two pass filters that are existing in the previous Nikon D800E in the absence of AA filter it became easy to use the camera because there is no need to cancel out any filter why clicking a snap. The Digital camera contains only a regular filter stack in the front of camera sensor.
- 5fps maximum shooting in FX mode:The Nikon Digital Camera performs with a very fast speed and precision. Its 5 FPS high continuous speed enables you to shoot and capture the stunning shots of crucial situations and adventurous games such as sky diving, soccer games. The camera is able to shoot in 5 FPS continuous speed in Full RAW, 6 FPS in DX Crop and 1.2x Crop Modes and 7 FPS with the MB-D12 Battery Grip.
- Expeed 4 images processing Engine:The EXPEED 4 image processor is 30% faster than the EXPEED 3. The high speed processor inbuilt with the Nikon D810 enables faster and rapid handling of images, faster calculations to fast-changing scenes that also work to improve the speed and accuracy of the autofocus system.
- 51-point AF system:The advance 3500FX AF sensor uses the 51 focus point that further includes 15 cross-type sensors, 11 of are able to work with f/8 additionally with a latest group area AF. The group area AF works very well to track the fast moving objects that results in very accurate and consistent shots. The group AF best suits to wildlife and sport photographers.
- 3.2 inch wide screen:The Nikon D810 is compatible with 3.2 inch wide LCD screen with 1,229,000 dots resolution that provide on which you can take a quick view of your snaps by zooming them up to 46x.
- ISO 64-12,800 expandable to 51,200:The wide and expanded range of ISO 64 to 12,800 works efficiently to reduce the noise and provide extremely clear and crisp images even in low light conditions.
- Optical viewfinder and OLED display:The Nikon D810 provides a brighter optical viewfinder than its predecessors because it is coated with a special coating pentaprism.
- Item dimensions: 12 x 12 x 12 inches
- Item weight: 6.95 pounds
- Optical zoom: 5x
- Continuous Shooting Speed: 6 fps
- ISO range: 64-12800
- Viewfinder type: Electronic viewfinder
- Photo Sensor and Optical Sensor technology: CMOS
- Optical Sensor resolution: 16 MP
- Image Processor: Expeed 4
- Auto focus Technology – Auto & Manual
- Battery average life – 1200 Photographs per charge.
The D810 is the full-frame Digital SLR camera specially suits for the cinematographers, camera operators and multimedia photographers. The camera provides remarkable image quality with the combination of its 36.3 FX-Format CMOS sensor and high speed EXPEED 3 image processor. It is able to shoot extreme quality 1080p high definition videos. With the support of wide ISO range it fits in the category of best DSLR camera because it is able to shoot dark and low light scenes without any extra adjustments in to frame-rate.
Read More Customer Reviews at Amazon.com